Although not relevent in classical Feng Shui times, Electro Magnetic Field surveys are now an important part of modern Feng Shui Consultations.
What is an Electro Magnetic Field Survey?
An Electro Magnetic Field Survey is a part of the Feng Shui consultation where the electrical and magnetic fields a client is sleeping and working in are measured. Anywhere the client spends a considerable amount of time will be checked to see if the readings fall within the safe levels of 5 V/M for the electrical reading, and 0.05nT for the magnetic reading. If the readings are above these recommended guidelines, advice will be provided to reduce the fields.
Why are they important?
Our bodies are not designed to contend with high electical or magnetic fields. We have evolved from the stone age - and our bodies have not advanced as fast as technology has in the last 50 years! Our bodies still function in a very primitive way. There are many examples of how the body has not caught up with modern man. For example, when threatened we still responding with the fight or flight response - even though this is usually innappropriate in the modern setting. When in a restuarant, the most comfortable place to sit is with your back to the wall - we still feel vulnerable with our back exposed - even though the chance of being attacked are tiny.
It takes nature much longer than it's had to come up with solutions to a changing world. And as a result, being in high electrical or magnetic fields has a negative impact on the body.
The effects of high electro magnetic fields on the body
Overexposure to EMF's affects the body's immune system, hormone and enzyme production, cell respiration, brain wave rhythms and DNA - leading to foetal abnormalities. People are more at risk of cancer, clinical depression, suicide and cot death when exposed to high EMF's.
What can you do?
An EMF survey can be taken with or without a full Feng Shui consultation. This will then show you any sources of high EMF's in your home, and the most straightforward solutions to reducing your exposure to the harmful frequencies.
EMFs come from both appliances inside the home and external sources such as power transmission cables and mobile phone masts. Therefore different solutions are required depending on the source of the frequencies. If you are about to rewire your house, advice can be provided so that it is undertaken in the most beneficial way for your household.
Ten suggestions to reduce your exposure to EMF's*
- Minimise the time spent talking on a mobile phone. Use it only in emergencies. If you have to keep in touch in this way, keep call times short or text instead which is far less harmful.
- Don't cook using microwave ovens.
- Ensure there are no extension leads running under the bed.
- Ensure all lamps, clock radios etc are positioned at least one metre from your bed.
- Reduce the amount of time spent wearing underwired bras.
- Turn off the TV at the mains when not in use. Putting it on standby is no different in the field to when it' on.
- Unplug electric blankets at the wall before getting into bed.
- Position beds at least one metre away from storage heaters.
- Minimise the amount of electrical equipment in the bedroom.
- Ensure your bed is positioned well away from the fuse box.
Please note these steps will reduce the exposure to EMF's but you may still be sleeping in high fields - coming from the walls and other external sources. Even if you follow all of the above, it is still important to have a professional survey.
Contact me now for more information and to arrange an electro magnetic field survey or a full feng shui consultation.